THE IARAMT ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
The International Academy of Reflexology & Meridian Therapy (IARAMT) Alumni Association aims to establish a supportive, interactive and communicative platform for all registered Therapeutic Reflexologists in order to unify local therapists and promote strength and excellence within the profession.
Furthermore, the IARAMT Alumni Association aims to develop and promote a better understanding and awareness of the profession of Therapeutic Reflexology within the South African community.
The IARAMT Alumni Association strives to achieve its vision by a commitment to the following guiding principles and practices:
- Provide ongoing support and professional development to all members via newsletters, interactive online forums, Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities, seminars and workshops;
- Promote information sharing, participation and open communication between all members;
- Promote research and development within the profession of Therapeutic Reflexology;
- Keep the members informed of all information relevant to the profession and its scope of practice;
- Providing accurate and reliable information to the public about the profession of Therapeutic Reflexology;
- Forge and maintain interactive, mutually beneficial relationships with other allied professions;
- Forge and maintain a professional and effective working relationship with The Allied Health Professions Council of South Africa (AHPCSA);
- Ensure that the professional rights of registered Therapeutic Reflexologists are protected.
All graduates of IARAMT’s Diploma in Therapeutic Reflexology, as well as any registered allied health professionals who have completed a CPD course offered by IARAMT, automatically qualify for membership of the IARAMT Alumni Association.
Membership is free of charge and benefits include:
- Membership of an association earns 1 Continuing Education Credit (CEU) (max 2 CEU’s per cycle);
- Committee members will earn 2-5 CEU’s (max 4-10 CEU’s per cycle) depending on designation;
- All members will receive a 10% discount on all CPD courses offered by IARAMT;
- Members are granted access to the IARAMT Alumni web board - a platform where questions, answers to those questions and other relevant information about the profession can be easily accessed;
- Members will be invited to attend general and annual meetings - often incorporating a guest speaker on relevant and interesting topics, and earning CEU’s for each meeting/presentation/seminar.